The Ganon class created clay turtles in Art with Mrs. Fellegy. First, they rolled the clay into a long snake shape. Zelda commented, "If you use two hand, it is pretty easy." Next, they created a swirl with the clay snake shape to be the turtle shell. Then, they used a wood tool to create a pattern on the shell. Patterns included dots, lines, and dashes. Lincoln said, "I made lines on my turtle." Eli C. added, "I made dots." Finally, they used the extra clay to create a turtle head and legs. As he finished his turtle, Jonathan enthusiastically said, "Look how cute my turtle is!"
After the turtles were complete, Mrs. Fellegy fired them in the kiln. During the following art class, the children painted their turtles with blue, green, and purple paint. They added some glitter paint as the finishing touch. "Look! I painted my the whole turtle." exclaimed Henry. Zelda added, "I used lots of glitter to make it pretty."
Indiana Learning Foundations
APL3.1: Demonstrate development of sustained attention and persistence
CA3.2: Demonstrate creative expression through visual art production
PHG3.1: Demonstrate development of fine and gross motor coordination

























No comments:
Post a Comment