Today's Chanukah Fun
Dreidel Games
Menorahs with Pattern Blocks
Playdough Chanukah Cookies
Chanukah Sensory Table
Chanukah Stamps and Sticker Art
Impromptu Dance Party to Chanukah Music
Pretend Candle Lighting
Shabbat Party
Chanukah Fun in the Light Studio
The creation of this apartment building was serious business by the small group visiting the light studio. They worked on it for 45 minutes. The colored shadows from it were spectacular and unfortunately don't photograph well.
The children decided to create a whole town.
It was determined that each floor of the apartment building needed to be lit. This took some problem solving on how to add light without destroying the creation.
"We made a dreidel shop. The light makes it look like a sign for the shop."
"Look! I moved it to make the dreidel bigger."
"Will the red make the sign look different?"
"I want to add people to the side of the apartment. Can you hold the triangle for me?"
"It worked! I can't believe it actually worked!"
"I will add trees to the town."
"Should the town have cars? I think it needs cars."
A projector with video is our latest addition to the light studio.
Today's video was falling snow and piano music.
The children were captivated.
"Hold hands! See our shadows! Now move and look at the shadow."
"I am catching snowflakes!"
"Can I turn this (projector) to put the bunny in the snow?"
Wishing the Ganon families a happy 2nd night of Chanukah.
Shabbat Shalom!
No comments:
Post a Comment