Thursday, February 10, 2022

Today's Free Play

 I choose to focus a second day on the children during free play time.  I believe it gives wonderful insight into each child's interests.

Dramatic Play Fun
"We are playing family."
"I am a fox. "
"I am a mom."

"We are going to a movie and the beach."



Pretend Play with Animals
"A bed for black bear...a bed for polar bear"

Writing Winter Words




Pretend Play in the Blocks


"We are playing Star Wars."

"Let's make beds."


"Making a bed"

"A house"

Building with Sugar Cubes


She added animals to her creation.



"It's snowing."


Measuring and Pouring Salt in the Sensory Table


Writing Numbers

He wrote numbers from 1 - 70

Playing Pop

Drawing in the Art Center


"I am making a snowman."

Indiana Learning Foundations
ELA2.1: Demonstrate awareness of the alphabet
ELA2.2: Demonstrate phonological awareness
ELA2.3: Demonstrate awareness and understanding of concepts of print
ELA3.1: Demonstrate mechanics of writing
M1.1: Demonstrate strong sense of counting
M1.2: Demonstrate understanding of written numerals
M1.3: Recognition of number relations
APL4.1: Demonstrate development of social interactions during play
CA4.1: Demonstrate creative expression through dramatic play
ELA1.2: Demonstrate expressive communication
PHG3.1: Demonstrate development of fine and gross motor coordination
CA3.2: Demonstrate creative expression through visual art production
CA3.1: Demonstrate creative expression through the visual art process

No comments:

Post a Comment