Friday, October 19, 2018

Color Mixing and Color Exploration

The Ganon children participated in a variety of color mixing activities today.  We will begin a project focused on the COLORS of FALL next week.
Liquid colors and droppers to mix colors




Mixing colors with paint














The children were challenged to include red, yellow, blue,
orange, green, and purple on their paintings.
They had to mix paint colors to complete the challenge.

Observing our color mixing experiment

A child asked for white, so they could create pink.




Exploring colors on the light table

Exploring different shades of the same color

Combining colors to create other colors
using translucent shapes and mirrors




Children's Discussions or Quotes during the Color Activities:
ZF - "I made purple.  Blue and red."
DC - "I made green.  I don't know how.  I have green though."
Benji - "Use all...it makes black."
GR - "I'm pouring them and it stays blue."
AH - Mixing blue and yellow paint. "It's darker yellow.  No, it is green."
ES - "It's black.  Add more.  See it gets darker black." (Mixing all the colors)
DC asked GR "How did you get all blue?"  GR answered, "See.  I had the most of blue and it won the colors."  DC "How?" GR "I poured and poured until blue won!"
MP - "How could you make green?"
AF - "I know blue and yellow."
SS - I thought I made black, but I made purple.  Blue and red."

Indiana Learning Foundations 
SC5.1: Demonstrate scientific curiosity
CA3.1: Demonstrate creative expression through the visual art process
CA3.2: Demonstrate creative expression through visual art production
M3.1: Demonstrate understanding of classifying

No comments:

Post a Comment