Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Exploring Nature

A Ganon friend brought a caterpillar for us to keep in our classroom and observe.

We began our day in the Outdoor Classroom.  
The children searched for bugs and drew the bugs that they found.
They found ants, bees, crickets, butterflies, a dragonfly, and more.

























The children couldn't resist some playtime in the sand while in the Outdoor Classroom.




The children spotted one of our favorite squirrels 
out the classroom window.  
We decided to go outside to get a closer look.






"I think I need real binoculars to actually see up that high."



A child had a stethoscope with them while squirrel watching.  
The children decided to use it to listen to the trees.  


She discovered some tiny pinecones.

"I am a doctor for the trees."



Indiana Learning Foundations:
SC3.1: Demonstrate awareness of life 
SC5.1: Demonstrate scientific curiosity 
ELA3.1: Demonstrate mechanics of writing 






1 comment:

  1. "A doctor for the trees." I love it and the tree doctor photos are priceless.

    ReplyDelete