Tuesday, September 14, 2021

A Day of Painting

 Yesterday, the Ganon children painted their  paper mache etrogs.  When he finished Jack V. commented, "I like painting. Can we do more?"  Today, his wish came true and we did lots of painting!

Our day began with each child painting their own canvas with red, yellow, blue, and white paint.  

These are some of the statements that the children shared while painting.

"I am painting tie dye." - OG

"I'm painting the whole thing." - LF

"It is Cat Boy and Gecko zooming through the night." - CG

"I feel like a real artist." - EA

"I'm going to make dots like Ellie." - LB

"It's a rainbow cue." -AS

"Look a Z." - ZZ
























Next, the class painted in the outdoor classroom.  The early childhood classes are creating our own sukkah using a giant cardboard box.  Each class is decorating a side of the sukkah.  Our class decorated our side with paint.  We used a variety of painting tools for our project.  The painting tools that we used included combs, rollers, stamps, large paint brushes, hair brushes, scrapers, and foam brushes.  

























The children used Qtips and paint to trace letters and numbers in the afternoon with Ms. Lauren.




Today, the children also completed their monthly self portraits.  The children used black sharpie to draw their self portrait.  We then continued the painting theme of the day by adding watercolors to complete the portraits.




















Indiana Learning Foundations
CA3.3: Demonstrate creative expression through art appreciation
CA3.2: Demonstrate creative expression through visual art production
CA3.1: Demonstrate creative expression through the visual art process
SE4.1: Demonstrate relationship skills

No comments:

Post a Comment