Thursday, October 26, 2023

Art Class Today

The children really enjoyed art class today.  I did not attend class with the children because I had a meeting for my position as assistant director.  I had not planned on blogging about art class because I did not experience it with the children.  When I returned to the classroom after my meeting, the children were very animated when they spoke about art class and I could tell it was a meaningful one to them.  The wonderful, Ms. Michaela, attended class with children and took over a hundred photos documenting the experience.  Thanks to the children for verbalizing the project to me and Ms. Michaela sharing the photographs, I am able to create this blog post.

The children told me that the project was to create "water", "the ocean", and "the sea". They explained that they began by drawing on the paper with oil pastels.  Next, they added water colors.  Water was added too. Then, they add salt and watched the effect it made on the paint.  I did not get a clear answer as to if the project is over or will continue next week.  I guess I will find out next week.  I can't wait to see the final projects.  The paintings look very beautiful in the photographs.








































































































Indiana Learning Foundations
CA3.1: Demonstrate creative expression through the visual art process or experience
CA3.2: Demonstrate creative expression through visual art production and presentation
PHG3.1: Demonstrate development of fine and gross motor coordination




No comments:

Post a Comment